I love autographed books: I have a small collection. As a pure reader/fan? They warm me. They’re also the perfect gift. Even more special when they’re personalized. ‘Dear Rosemary…‘
A special message too? That’s called being inscribed. Those who’ve had books signed by me? Know I have several special phrases of my own…
I also love S/L/D books (signed, lined and dated). That’s a line taken from the book, which means something to the author – and reflects the book. It increases the value as well. When requested, I do this with Rebel Vampires.
Autographed books are most valuable when the signature is on the title page.
Here are Five Fascinating Facts about Author Signatures:
- There are only 6 copies of Shakespeare’s signature surviving – and they’re all on legal documents.
- Charles Dickens always signed with a blue fountain pen – so it was hard to forge. Clever bloke.
- Harper Lee’s signature is one of the most valuable because she so rarely autographed. A signed first edition of To Kill a Mockingbird can cost over $20,000…
- Graphic novelists often sign with doodles, which are art themselves: David Roman’s are blinding.
- J. K. Rowling is – no surprises – the 4th most valuable signature to collect. Her handwritten Beedle the Bard sold for $3.98 million…
For the very first time as a Valentines treat Blood Dragons and Blood Shackles paperbacks can be signed and personalized here or through these simple forms:
To order your signed and personalized copy of Blood Dragons: click here
To order your signed and personalized copy of Blood Shackles: click here
There’s a limited edition of this first run – so grab your signed, lined or inscribed copies today!
What signed books do you already have? Which are your favourite?